What is Rooted?
Life is a journey and we want to travel it together! If you are ready to journey with a small group of people, then signing up for Rooted is the best way to get started.
Rooted is an 11-week discipleship program and a catalyst for life-change. Rooted fosters growth, develops spiritual rhythms, encourages conversations in community, and offers group experiences designed to give you a glimpse of your story in God’s story.
Rooted isn’t simply a Bible study or a book. It is a community experience, where people practice 7 rhythms essential to a healthy relationship with Jesus. Individuals establish firm roots in the truth of God’s Word through personal study and then come together to discuss what they’re learning in a space where they are safe and known.
It’s about Community
Rooted is the best way for you to get connected into a group here at Lake Sawyer. During your time in Rooted, you will have the opportunity to ask hard questions, talk with other people in the group, and share your story and perspective. You will find that you are not alone in the journey of following Jesus. Rooted is a safe place for everyone.
It’s for Everyone
For the curious, Rooted can be approached with either an interest in knowing Jesus or simply as an observer of the essential concepts of the Christian faith. For those already following Jesus, Rooted will take you back to the foundations of faith and ask you to explore your faith and experience God’s Word in its simplicity, maybe for the first time with this kind of lens. If you think you’ve been a Christian for too long to benefit from Rooted, we’d encourage you to come and be surprised.
What to Expect
- 5 days of devotions for each week.
- 11 weeks of group time.
- Prayer, Serve, and Celebration experiences!
It is a chance for you to read, reflect, journal, and write down questions. There is not a right way to do it, but it’s important to come to group prepared for the discussion that goes along with the reading. Groups consist of about 10-12 people. This is where you will have a chance to dialogue about what you have observed in the devotions for the week. During Rooted you will get a chance to engage God through prayer, serve with your group in local organizations (while practicing social distancing), and then celebrate what God has done and will continue to do through these groups.
Spring 2021 Schedule
SPRING 2021 SIGN UPS ARE OPEN
Rooted is a large time commitment and we believe it is worth every ounce of investment in the entire process. If you know in advance you will miss more than two meetings, we recommend that you wait until the next session of Rooted when you can engage in the full experience. Because this is a community experience, we ask that every participant commits to honoring their group by being present for every meeting.
All groups meet on campus at Lake Sawyer Church
REGISTRATION CLOSES APRIL 21st!
- Week One – Launch – Thursday, April 22 at 6:30pm (Event Center)
- Week Two – Thursday, April 29 at 6:30pm
- Week Three – Thursday, May 6 at 6:30pm
- Week Four – Thursday, May 13 at 6:30pm
- Prayer Experience – Sunday, May 16 at 4:00pm (Event Center)
- Week Five – Thursday, May 20 at 6:30pm
- Week Six – Thursday, May 27 at 6:30pm
- Week Seven – Thursday, June 3 at 6:30pm
- Serve Experience – Saturday, June 5, Time and Location to be determined by group
- Week Eight – Generosity Night – Thursday, June 10 at 6:30pm (Event Center)
- Week Nine – Thursday, June 17 at 6:30pm
- Week Ten – Thursday, June 24 at 6:30pm
- Rooted Celebration – Thursday, July 1 at 6:30pm (Event Center)
LOCATION: Lake Sawyer Church
COST: $20 includes Rooted Workbook